The Faculty of Engineering and Technology intends to hold a training session on Virtualization in VMWare vSphere V6.5. Virtualization is one of the emerging technologies in the ICT sector which is gradually moving organizations from the traditional physical platform based infrastructure to the virtualized platforms. VMWare vSphere 6.5 is the next-generation infrastructure for next-generation apps. With vSphere 6.5 you can now run, manage, connect, and secure your applications in a common operating environment, across clouds and devices. vSphere 6.5 introduces features that elevate your experience to an entirely new level, including:
• vCenter Server Appliance – The single control center and core building block for vSphere
• Security at Scale – Policy-driven approach makes securing infrastructure operationally simple
• Foundation of Cloud Offerings – VMware Cloud Foundation and VMware Cloud Foundation Service are both built on vSphere 6.5
A total of 10 sessions will be held from 2:30 to 4:30 pm, for three days in a week. At the end of the training, certificates will be awarded to students scoring more than 70% on an end-of-program competency test and with a minimum of 70% attendance.
• Learn vSphere Virtualization platform concepts, architecture, deployment, and management skills.
• Gain a strong understanding of the core platform on which to establish a Software Defined Data Center and/or private/hybrid cloud.
• Gain a strong understanding of the interdependencies of the resources consumed by VMs and the vSphere infrastructure tuning and management required to deliver a reliable, available and efficient SDDC foundation.
• Understand the key technologies that are leveraged to build a scalable, manageable and reliable infrastructure.
Interested students are required to register online through this link: http://bit.ly/2kQyVnx.
Registration Deadline: October 2, 2019.