If you are looking for a professional and friendly working environment where employees are valued, supported, and recognized for their achievements & contribution and if you are a passionate, energetic and a results-oriented individual with strong communication skills and solid IT knowledge, this opportunity is for you. Kardan University is seeking experienced and motivated IT Manager to join our team of Management.
We offer an exciting work environment conducive to academic and professional development of our people. Kardan University offers a competitive salary in the higher education industry plus a complete benefits package that includes sponsorship of international training and workshops.
As the Information and Technology Manager, you will be leading the Team of IT professionals. You will be responsible for the university’s technology strategy and its advancement, organization-wide network system’s maintenance and development with customer service centric focus. You will play a key role in keeping the management board up to date on the latest networking technologies that could help the organization to achieve its strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be expected to carry out the following duties.
System and Network Administration and IT services
- Running regular checks on network and data security
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
- Ensuring security of data, network access and backup systems
- Maintaining and updating all servers and work stations software and hardware on regular basis
- Activating all IT devices necessary for the University
- Coordinating with staff and departments any IT changes that may impact operations and services
- Installing, configuring and taking daily backup of servers (Database and cameras).
- Managing Hotspot services providing User Names and Passwords for faculty and administration staff and maintain stable connectivity of Internet 24 Hours.
- Maintaining stable connectivity of all campuses and residence through Point to Multi Point (Base Station, CPE, Mikrotik and UBNT) devices.
- Configure, install and maintain Voice Over IP and Queue Management systems
- Administering and monitoring an existing network to ensure uninterrupted and stable operation of client services.
- Acting in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to University policy
- Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior staff
- Troubleshooting and implementing systematic solutions in time
- Conducting IT surveys to improve services across Kardan’s building and campuses
- Maintaining and upgrading the existing computer science labs including Cisco lab, Journalism TV & Studio and other labs as required
- Coordinating with MIS and other departments to develop and maintain IT systems and network
- Providing direction and support to IT team
System and Network Development
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organization
- Designing training programs and workshops for IT staff
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
- Directing and managing technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Creating and administering disaster plans to keep the organization functional in time of crisis
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, IT trainings, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and maintaining healthy relations with partner organizations
- Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement.
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in IT or Computer Science
- Microsoft certification and Network certification will be a plus
- Minimum of five years’ experience in technology management
- Excellent knowledge of technical management and of computer hardware/software systems
- Hands-on experience with network architecture and system development
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Qualified candidates are requested to submit their updated CV, with a detailed cover letter highlighting their experience and qualifications to email@example.com
Kindly include the position title in the email subject line.
Kardan University is an equal opportunity employer and invites application from people of all backgrounds.
Should you require any further information about details of the vacancy, feel free to contact our Human Resources Department via (+93) 0784 726 726.
We thank all the applicants for their interest; however, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.