Kardan University’s Office of Gender and Alumni Relations invites eligible female students to apply for the Digital Arts Academy (DAA) scholarships (intensive one-month course) launched by Bactria Cultural Centre summer school ’Digital Arts Academy’, based in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
The subsidiary for participants from Afghanistan includes payment of all costs – transportation, visa and registration, accommodation, and a small per diem.
‘Digital Arts Academy’ is a new two-year project, funded by UNESCO, which aims to empower young female cultural entrepreneurs in Afghanistan and Tajikistan to realize their full potential in the digital creative industries. The project will strengthen the skills of women, provide access to professional networks, equipment, opportunities, mentorship, and promote start-ups and artistic output financially and through a participant designed media campaign that will foster recognition of the aspirations, capacities, and contributions of young women.
The course focuses on the areas of coding, digital creation (motion, graphic, web design, video editing, etc.), and entrepreneurship.
Eligibility criteria to become part of the Digital Arts Academy
- Be a woman between the ages of 18 and 40
- Be a citizen of Tajikistan or Afghanistan
- Have a strong motivation to take part in the project and its activities
- Able to connect to the Internet for a 1-month online course
- Able to travel to Dushanbe to attend a 1-month long training course
- Have a relevant educational background and/or relevant experience in digital arts