Office of Career Services organizes one-day training workshop on Interpersonal Skills to assist students develop interpersonal skills that increases self-awareness and strengthens their ability to better understand and learn to use that understanding to communicate effectively verbally and nonverbally.
Gain a better understanding of your communication style and how it differs from others, and learn to use that understanding to communicate effectively—verbally and nonverbally.
Develop your interpersonal skills to overcome resistance, and engage and motivate people to work with you towards your goals. If you need other people’s willing co-operation to achieve your objectives, then this one-day workshop will give you the insights, tools, and techniques you need.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify your individual Interpersonal skills
- Use improved communication techniques
- Communicate with others in a way which helps to get your message across
- Implement influencing and persuading skills
- Apply positive and productive communication techniques to various types of interactions by receiving feedback from others
- Create effective working relationships with people at all levels
- Get your message across in a way that gets heard, understood, accepted and acted upon
- Motivate people to change their behavior and influence others to accept your proposals
- Solve problems in your working relationships
- Create supportive workplace relationships by treating others with respect, trust, and dignity
Who should attend?
This course is designed for all students and alumni who want to improve their communications and relationships with others.