Office of Career Services organizes one day workshop on Career Counseling aims to equip students with the basic skills and essential knowledge of career advising and planning, and guide them to think about their interests, values, skills and preferences, exploring the life, work and to embark on ultimate career journeys.
Career Counseling is a process that will help you to know and understand yourself and the world of work in order to make career, educational, and life decisions.
Upon successful completion of this workshop, the participants will be able to:
• Understand the importance of career counselling.
• Understand the concept of career development and maturity.
• Understand the importance of setting educational and career goals.
• Helping you figure out what you want out of your education, your life, and who you are.
• Discussing your ideas, feelings, and concerns about your educational and career choices.
• Identifying the factors that are currently influencing your career development and assessing your abilities, values, and interests.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all students and alumni that would like to understand the importance of Career Counseling and to determine if their major is compatible with the job market.