The Department of Bachelor’s in Political Science and International Relations (BPSIR), Faculty of Social Sciences at Kardan University is organizing a Book Reading and Review Writing competition for its students. Purpose of the competition is to promote the culture of book reading among students and to build book review writing capacity of our students.
Students of BPSIR are hereby encouraged to participate in this competition which involves the following activities:
• Read a book selected by the Competition Organizing Committee; and
• Write a review of the book
Eligibility and Important Details
1. Only students of the Department BPSIR are to participate
2. The last date for registration is April 10, 2019
3. Mr. Zahid Jalaly, Academic Administrator of the department will conduct a preparatory session with the registered students on writing an academic book review.
4. April 30, 2019, is the last date for submission of the book reviews.
5. Students may write their reviews in English, Pashto or Dari languages.
6. Results of the competition would be announced on May 8, 2019
The selected book for the competition is The Forty Rules of Love, the best seller of Turkish writer, Elif Shafak. The Dari and Pashto translations of the book are available in the market. The Dari version is titled ??? ??? and the Pashto version is titled ? ???? ?????? ????.
Participants would be appreciated with the Certificates of Participation.
The participant who gains the highest marks and hence the first position in the competition will receive a digital book reader tablet. Further, the best book review will be published in Kardan Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities and/ or Ganjina-e-Kardan. Second and third position holders of the competition will receive a collection of reputed books.
For registration and further information, contact:
Shabeer Ahmad Lal,
Program Officer, BPSIR