About WSE Program
The Women’s Scholarship Endowment (WSE) Activity aims to assist Afghan women obtain a university education in a field of Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM), so that they may overcome barriers to employment, raising their incomes, and in developing leadership roles within their families, communities, and in both public and private sector organizations.
WSE provides scholarships for tuition and student stipend. Students attending any private or public university in Afghanistan are eligible to apply.
In order to receive this scholarship, a candidate must meet the basic eligibility requirements outlined below. An applicant must:
• Be female
• Be an Afghan National
• Have been accepted to a public or private university in Afghanistan or regional University to study a STEM or STEM related major
• New students who have yet to receive an acceptance letter are eligible to apply. They must indicate in their application they are awaiting acceptance. If an applicant is selected for a scholarship, she must produce the acceptance letter prior to receiving the scholarship. If she is unable to show proof of acceptance prior to the start of the academic year, she will be in the waiting list for the next round of scholarships.
• Not be on academic or disciplinary probation
• Meet the below grade requirements
o New Undergraduate Student: Have a minimum cumulative grade of 75% on a percentage scale or 2.75 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) on a 4.0 scale from her high school studies.
o Existing Undergraduate Student: Have a minimum cumulative grade of 80% on a percentage scale or 3.0 CGPA on a 4.0 scale from her undergraduate university studies.
o New Graduate Student: Have a minimum cumulative grade of 80% on a percentage scale or 3.0 CGPA on a 4.0 scale from their undergraduate university studies.
o Existing Graduate Student: Have a minimum cumulative grade of 80% on a percentage scale or 3.0 CGPA on a 4.0 scale from their graduate studies.
How to Apply
Interested individuals should follow the below steps to apply for the WSE Scholarship.
1. Download the application form and send a complete form to email@example.com or you can alternatively get hard copy of the application forms from, all private universities in Kabul and Kabul University (??????? ??? ????? ?? ????? ?? ? ????????? ??? ??????? ????)
2. Complete your application package. Due to the volume of applications expected, any application package missing required documentation or information may not be evaluated. So, please ensure your application package is complete when you submit it. As outlined on the application form, a completed application package will include:
• Complete Application Form
• Statement of Purpose and Objectives Letter
• Two (2) Letters of recommendation
• Photo ID – Passport or Tazkera
• Acceptance letter to university/program
• Official transcript from High School (three years), Undergraduate or Graduate program transcripts
• English Proficiency Certificate if available (recommended for graduate students and students coming from English medium system universities)
Applicants must submit their completed scholarship application package no later than December 31, 2019. Application may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or through online link shared on this website.
3. or alternatively in person at (Kardan University, Gawharshad University and Afghanistan Center at Kabul University)
4. Applicants in provinces can submit hard copies of applications to the Lincoln Centers in their provinces.
Applications will initially be reviewed for completeness. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated. Completed applications will be evaluated on the following criteria: • Academic performance
• Statement of Purpose and Objective Letter
• Letters of Recommendation
• Involvement in extra-curricular (non-academic) activities
• Preference will be shown to women studying a field in science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) over those studying a STEM related topic.
• Preference will be given to applicants from more rural areas.
Once applications have been evaluated, the top candidates will be invited to interview. Interviews will be evaluated on the following criteria:
• Self-Presentation, confidence, professionalism
• Enthusiasm, motivation and commitment to a career in STEM
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• English Proficiency (graduate students only)
Download the application forms below:
Undergraduate Application Form
Graduate Application Form
For online Application Click here