Office of Career Services organizes one-day CV & Cover Letter Preparation Clinic to assist students how to standardize their CV and cover letter in order to better prepare them for job market. During the preparation clinic students will be familiarized with some useful tips which includes a range of skills and concepts that every job seeker needs to learn about before they embark on their professional career
In this preparation clinic it describes the importance of having a well written CV and cover letter to demonstrate to any potential employer that you are the best candidate for the position. This practical session will be of great interest to anyone who is actively looking for employment and those who are already in employment, but are considering applying for a new position.
Following are the topics to be practiced in this preparation clinic:
- CV/ Resume standardization
- Cover Letter standardization
Upon successful completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand and practice how to write a professional cover letter
- Learn the tips and techniques on how to standardize a CV & resume.
1) Describe the importance of a structure to categorize the very broad job market
2) Describe how a CV/ resume is a marketing document that sells your candidacy and represents you when you are not there
3) Describe the importance of clarity when writing a CV/ resume
4) Conduct the preliminary work needed to write a cover letter that has purpose and gets noticed
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all students and alumni that would like to understand the importance of a CV/resume and to determine if their job is compatible with their career aspirations.