The Office of Career Services organizes a two day training workshop on Job Readiness Skills aiming at helping students to better prepare for the job market. The training included a range of skills and concepts that every job seeker needs to learn about before they embark on their professional career.
Preparing your Resume, Cover Letter, professional email, job search and interview preparation is a workshop which is designed for students who wants to undertake a job application campaign to successfully acquire a new job. The course breaks down the job application process, so you can ensure that you can identify and apply for your ideal job.
This course also describes the importance of having a well written resume, cover letter and professional email to demonstrate to any potential employer that you are the best candidate for the position. This course will be of great interest to anyone who is actively looking for employment and those who are already in employment, but are considering applying for a new position.
Following are the topics to be taught in this training workshop:
- Cover Letter Writing
- CV/ Resume Writing
- Professional Email Writing
- Interview Preparation Skills
Upon successful completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Learn the tips and techniques of CV/ resume and cover letter writing
- Understand how to write a professional email
- Learn more about job search strategies
- Understand the standard tips and techniques of an interview
1) Describe the importance of a structure to categorize the very broad job market
2) Describe how to find specific industries, functions and organizations of interest
3) Describe how a resume is a marketing document that sells your candidacy and represents you when you are not there
4) Describe the importance of clarity when writing a resume
5) Conduct the preliminary work needed to write a cover letter that has purpose and gets noticed
6) Describing interview as an important tool to get the job
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all students and alumni that would like to enter into job market and experience a professional career.