Kardan intends to consolidate its position as market leader in the education sector by developing a complete schooling system that builds on international best practices. Over the past several decades’ technology integration in the education sector has resulted in significant improvement in student engagement and success around the world. Similar technology integration may significantly improve accessibility and quality of education in Afghanistan.
Kardan aims to establish a digitally compatible and complete education system initially at the Pre-school and Primary school levels with an objective to progressively expand to a high school level. It is intended that the Kardan School System could eventually serve as an alternative to the existing MoE standards. Our objectives with the above stated goal are as follows:
- Application of international standard curriculum: Leverage existing best practices, integrate local MoE curriculum requirements, uplift pedagogical practices;
- Integration of technology and digital content: Enhanced focus on digital content and curriculum with technology deployment in teaching methods;
- Establishment and perfection of a model school: Custom built facilities and campus with focus on student experience and teaching excellence;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Principal on a daily basis to ensure the smooth overall operation of the school.
- Serve as the lead technical and academic authority at the pre-school and primary school levels, providing expert leadership and support to students and teachers in implementing a world class education program;
- Develop policies, procedures, and learning platforms in accordance with international best practices.
- Serve as the lead digitization expert implementing appropriate digitization strategies in collaboration with publishers, teachers, and IT experts.
- Conduct teacher evaluation, supervision, and serve as the instructional leader.
- Implement individualized mentoring plan for each teacher, working closely with teachers on a daily basis to implement teacher capacity development regimes;
- Work with publishers, and knowledge providers to constantly innovate and implement modern teaching systems, content, and pedagogies;
- Lead student enrollment functions, meet parents, lead student selection and retention;
- Coordinate, plan, and direct the academic and auxiliary activities of the school.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong Academic background with at least an MA degree in Child Psychology, Education Management, or another relevant field.
- Strong teaching background preferably in an American or Canadian school system.
- Strong technology orientation, experience with implementation of digital learning systems.
- Keen desire and interest to work and mentor teachers, providing and implementing individualized learning plans for each teacher.
- Ability to work and live in Afghanistan.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org