Kardan University is seeking a dedicated and experienced Librarian who will be responsible to manage and develop Kardan University’s physical and digital libraries. His main duties include development and implementation of programs, strategies and methodologies to develop library systems and increase customer awareness of library resources.
Competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the selected candidate.
• Select, develop, catalog, classify and maintain library resources.
• Provide library and research services to all faculty and students of Kardan University.
• Liaison with academic staff, external organizations and suppliers to enrich library resources.
• Ensure that library services meet the needs of particular groups of users.
• Conduct short-term trainings and workshops on Library use and resources to increase awareness among students.
• Prepare and implement policies and procedures related to library.
• Develop and manage convenient, accessible library and information services.
• Maintain journals, newspapers and periodicals within the library.
• Prepare reports related to stock of books, journals, etc.
• Maintain proper database of books, Journals and newspapers to facilitate readers.
• Provide effective access to library collections and resources.
• Assist students on how to use e-library.
• Develop and maintain special index system and files for special collections.
• Ensure an accurate inventory of resources.
• Provide internet facility and coordinate with IT department for any IT related issues.
• Monitor effective use of internet.
• Coordinate with Admin Office for maintenance and repair services.
• Perform any task given by his supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or relevant field.
• Three years of experience in library management or relevant field.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Coaching and training skills.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Email applications must include the position title in the email subject line.
We thank all the applicants for their interest; however, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
|No. of Jobs||L-KU-July-18|
|Contract Duration||2.5 years|
|Probation Period||3 Months Months|
|Gender||Male and Female|
|Salary Range||As per the salary scale of Kardan University|
|Yeas (s) of Experience||3 Years of experience|