The main focus of student involvement and events is through directing, mentoring and partnering with students, office of Student Involvement and Events seeks to empower students and enhance their capacities to be more effective and adaptive.
Through supporting students’ engagement outside the classroom, we arrange, coordinate, and organize events, seminars, conferences and activities which offer students and alumni a meaningful educational experience that enhances their personal, social, and intellectual growth.
Why Should We Get Involved?
Getting and staying involved allows you explore further activities while being students in university. Being involved can take many forms, from being a member of a registered student club, seminar, and conference, to conducting educational, cultural, and recreational outings. It does not matter how you are involved, it only matters that you are!
Benefits of Involvement:
- Helps you meet new students and make friends with those who have similar interests. You are likely to find students who share the same interests, goals and values as yourself. This strengthens your own interests and ideas, which leads to great self-satisfaction and feelings of purpose.
- Involves students feel more connected to the university, the campus, the people, and are more familiar with the resources the university provides.
- Involves students report higher levels of satisfaction with their university experience.
- Encourages and advances your development on all levels: intellectual, cultural, and social.
- Helps students to build communities.
- As a result of your involvement, you will gain knowledge, skills, and experience in academic learning, communication, sport, problem-solving, group development, and much more!