Need of R&D in Kardan University
Improving high-quality research is a necessary requirement for creating successful position in academic world. The objectives of Department of Research & development (DRD) of Kardan University are:
To build research careers, internationalization of human potential, support to strengthen the knowledge foundation and promote the creation of new ideas blended with cognitive and creative approaches, as well as societal impact of education, research and innovation.
DRD Vision Statement
The vision for Kardan University’s future with regards to research will serve as a framework for the concrete direction in the area of research for the strategic plan 2015-2020 and will guide every aspect of research by defining what the University needs to accomplish in order to achieve sustainable quality growth in research areas. The vision informs all decisions and activities. It is the living, breathing heart of the University.
DRD Mission Statement
The mission is defined as a creation of a pervasive research culture across all academic disciplines and to achieve a leading position in the region within areas that are of national importance, by
- Sustainable development and effective use of the University infrastructure and human resources,
- Continuous improvement of supporting frameworks by implementing best practices, perfectionism, creativity, transparency, sustainability and
- Promotion and development of multidisciplinary research initiatives to create a fully integrated knowledge society and make significant contributions to the social and economic development of Kardan University and its environment.
Establishment of Department of Research and Development (DRD)
The Department of Research and Development (DRD) is established in 2017 with the following responsibilities:
The DRD is responsible for assisting the Academic Council in the performance of the Council’s responsibilities in respect of the establishment and promotion of excellence in the Institute’s research and development, and academic and research training activities.
- Development and enhancement of the Institute’s research capacities.
- Motivate all Faculties to pursue research in their respective areas of expertise.
- The protection and commercialization of the University’s intellectual property.
- Consultancy activities related to R&D.
- Provision of research and development opportunities for academic staff to maintain enthusiasm, awareness of current scholarship and relevance in teaching and other Institutional activities.
- The development of infrastructure conducive to promoting the quality and quantity of research and development.
- Disbursement of Institute Research Funds to established researchers, both individually and in groups.
- Monitor the application of Research Funds to ensure that the funds are properly and formally accounted for.
- Promote emerging areas of research and development.
- Development of mechanisms conducive to the best possible ways of engaging and motivating research staff.
- To monitor and enhance the quality of research programmes, projects and the research infrastructure within Institute, including the training of research scholars.
- To be responsible for progression of research scholars.
- To foster the development of multi-disciplinary research endeavors across Faculties and departments.
- Monitor the research and development performance of individuals, groups, Centers, Schools and Faculties to encourage excellence and productivity through maintaining a database of research and development activities.
- To formulate incentive schemes for promoting research activities with teachers and students/scholars.
- The quality of postgraduate education to be brought up to an internationally high level. An evaluation of PG program thesis to be carried out by the R&D committee.
- To promote building strategic, durable partnerships and develop funding solutions with Industries and research Institutions for steering, funding and cooperation.